Many thanks to the Northumberland Dairy Producers Committee for their recent donation of butter that they made to us on behalf of the Dairy Producers of Northumberland County. Thanks to their generosity we have been able to share this product with each of the 13 local food banks which the Dairy Producers provide assistance to. As seen above, local dairy farmer Amy Petherick dropped off a donation to Food 4 All just in time for Christmas.
Food 4 All is continually fighting to alleviate hunger in communities across Northumberland County. Every year thousands of people throughout the County rely on emergency food assistance and Food 4 All helps serve the majority of these people through community food banks and meal programs provided by our member agencies.
Food 4 All distributes the following product to over 70 community groups, 40 school programs, 15 food banks and 5 OAFB Hub food banks:
- Canned goods, non-perishable food
- Other items such as personal products and cleaning supplies
- Fresh local beef
- Eggs and frozen pork through the Ontario Association of Food Banks (OAFB)
- Liquid / powdered milk or gift cards for milk through our “Milk 4 Families” program
- Vouchers for free produce at local farmers markets
Read more about Food 4 All – Northumberland Here